This intensive program is for ambitious teens to learn how to create, launch, and run their own online t-shirt business. Students will learn graphic design through Illustrator, develop strong written communication, build financial literacy, social media, and marketing skills. By the end of the camp, these teens will be equipped with the foundation to embark on their online journey.
Shopify & T-Shirts
Shopify & T-Shirts
Ages: 13 – 18
Prerequisite: Must have attended Design Thinkers or Tech Leaders
Category: Design and Ecommerce
Technical Skill Set: Shopify, Illustrator, Digital Marketing
Soft Skill Set: Creativity and Written Communication
- Maximum 18 students per class
- 35 hours of coursework
- 6:1 student-to-instructor ratio
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm
- Early drop-off and late pick-up available no extra charge
- T-shirts, prizes, and take-home swag
- Digital portfolios that include all of their work
- Program assessments and graduation certificates
Designed and Created by Xavier (In our February 2017 cohort)
What Students Will Learn:
- How to Develop Your Brand And Marketing Strategy
- How to Design Your Shirts Using Adobe Illustrator(c)
- The Fundamentals of E-commerce And Selling Products Online
- Pricing Strategy And Financial Literacy
- How to Setup and Use Shopify to Run Your Online Store
- Drop Shipping, Fulfillments, And Customer Service
What Students Will Experience:
- Exposure to the World of Design
- Inspirational Guest Speakers
- Designing Their Own Clothing Line
- Leaving the Program With Their Own Business
Students Will Also Receive:
- A Personalized Domain For One Year
- 30 Days of Free Shopify Use
- Live Online Store
- Take-Home Guide to E-commerce
Why This Program:
As an aspiring entrepreneur, there is nothing more invigorating than making your first sale. We designed this program with that in mind. Over five days teens will develop applicable entrepreneurial skills, learn the fundamentals of starting an online business, and actually walk away with a real business.
As the technology progresses, there are many options that make it simple to set up and start your own online retail store. In this program, we’ll implement “drop shipping” which is a retail method that allows for products to be manufactured as ordered and shipped directly to the customer. This means you won’t be manufacturing or storing any product but rather focusing your efforts on designs and marketing.
Teens will also have the option to expand their t-shirt line to include accessories like hats, totes, phone cases, mugs, pillows and more!
Why Learn Shopify?
Shopify is the leading user-friendly e-commerce platform for entrepreneurs. Shopify makes it easy to handle everything from marketing and payments, to secure checkout and shipping. Used by over 325,000 retailers around the world, this Canadian company is dominating the e-commerce marketplace.